Has your world been turned upside down because of COVID-19? Are you missing your friends? Are you feeling sad that you are missing out on experiences you would have been having? Are you feeling sad, angry, confused, or numb? Are some days just too overwhelming?
You are not alone. I often feel the same exact way as you do. I spent too much of my life feeling alone in my struggle, and I never want anyone else to feel the same way I did, so I am excited to launch these modules to provide mental health tools and support for anyone who is having a tough time mentally due to the loss that COVID-19 has caused.
Several of us may have lost meaning, connection, motivation, sense of purpose, and several of us who are athletes have even lost a sense of identity, by having sports taken away from us. These modules aim to help you cope with the loss you might be feeling, and provide you with tools and tips to practice mental wellness, self-care, and self-love during this tough time, and beyond. These modules will help you to see that your mental health is important, despite what is happening in the world with COVID-19, and that you do not need to struggle in silence.
Although some content is geared towards the athletic experience, the content is applicable and translatable for all students (middle school, high school or college) who might be struggling right now. The modules are designed for you to pick content to view (all or some) that is most relevant to you! There are videos, audio recordings, and written content for you to choose from!
I hope you choose to begin your journey today! It may seem scary, but it will be the first step of many that will make you proud of yourself for taking care of you!
Always remember, you are not alone. We are in this together.
If you are looking for the MIAA specific modules, click here!
What Students Are Saying About The Modules!
"The modules were honest. Even though there are so many people trying to 'end the stigma' of mental health among athletes, there are so many people who don't speak out with what they are going through, but this is a course that shows you that you aren't alone and allows you to be educated on ways to work on yourself. I've suffered from anxiety and depression for essentially my whole life, but sometimes it's easy to feel so alone in your thoughts, hearing your words made it easier to connect and realize that you aren't alone. " - College Student-Athlete
"These modules helped me to get through tough times" -High School Student
"The content relating to building a positive and confident mindset resonated with me the most because I often find that I can be very hard on myself to complete every assignment given to me perfectly and on time, and to always be the best I can be, and if I can't do this I am a failure. I now believe its important to see things from more positive perspectives. - College Student-Athlete
"I liked how fun and upbeat they were! The colors and layout made it very engaging :) - College Student-Athlete
"I felt that they were not only informative, but also kept me interested throughout the entire thing. I liked how it focused on athletes specifically, as being an athlete can be incredibly challenging in such uncertain times like these, but I feel like people don't recognize it that much. - College Student-Athlete
"I enjoy listening to Ivy's voice because it is very positive and lightens the mood of the heavy topics" - High School Student
"I liked the section that was a reminder that it's okay to feel disappointed about the changes that COVID has made to our lives. We all know it could be worse, but it's important to recognize and respect our own feelings. - College Student-Athlete
Schools & Organizations Who Have Made The Step in Supporting Their Students Mental Health Through These Modules:
- New Hampshire Interscholastic Athletic Association (NHIAA)
- Northeast 10 Conference (NE10)
- IMPACT Norwood (Norwood, MA)
- Safe Harbor Cohasset Coalition (Cohasset, MA)
- Smith College Athletics , MA
- Great Northeast Athletic Conference (The GNAC)
- Mount Mansfield Union High School
- Milton High School & Middle School
- Elizabeth City State University Athletics
- Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC)
- Central Atlantic Collegiate Conference (CACC)
- New Jersey Athletic Conference (NJAC)
- Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference (RMAC)
- Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA)
- Southern Arkansas University
- Alleghany Mountain Collegiate Conference (AMCC)
- Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WIAC)
- California Collegiate Athletic Conference (CCAA)
- The City College of New York
- Great American Conference (GAC)
- Great Northwest Athletic Conference (GNACSports)
Want a free demo? Contact Ivy at [email protected] or 781-240-9486!
Hi! I'm Ivy and I am so excited to share these modules on mental wellness with you!
A little bit about me: A former student-athlete who appeared to have it all together, graduating Summa Cum Laude and a top 30 finalist for the NCAA Woman of the Year Award, on the inside struggled daily with anxiety, self-worth and depression. After finally seeking help, Ivy, who is Mental Health First Aid Certified, promotes mental wellness and reduces stigma around mental illness by sharing her story through public speaking and her blog, Beautifully Simply You. Ivy empowers others to speak their truths, know that they are not alone, learn the beauty of self-love and find strength to keep fighting for their tomorrows.
Ivy has empowered over 8,000 students and over 3,000 administrators and parents to practice mental wellness for themselves and for others. Together, we can change and save lives.
What's In These Modules You Ask?! Watch This Video Below To Find Out!
These modules are designed for you to go through at your own pace and watch content relevant to you! Feel free to watch all of the modules, or only a subset, whatever feels good for you!
- Self-Care Techniques (9:37)
- Self-Care Bingo Activity
- The Power of Talking About What You're Going Through About COVID 19 & Beyond
- Removing A Layer Of The "Mask" We Often Hide Behind - Healing Journey
- Mental Health Resources - You Are Not Alone
- NEW: How To Stay Motivated During COVID-19
- New Interactive Feature!! What Gives You Hope?
- It's Okay To Feel Sad That You Are Missing Out On Activities (Sports, Clubs, etc.) (3:28)
- Dealing With The "What If Coronavirus Didn't Happen?" Question (8:09)
- How To Deal With Uncertainty: Living Where Your Feet Are
- Maintaining Connection With Friends & Family (3:06)
- How Do I Lead My Team If I Am Not With Them Physically?
- Finding Ways to Bring Potential Missed Events to Life (6:11)
- Making Smart Decisions About Social Distancing, Staying Home, etc
**DISCLAIMER: These modules have been created with the purpose of providing support and resources. Although I am Mental Health First Aid Certified and have my degrees in Public Health and Psychology, I am not a Licensed Clinician and therefore cannot provide clinical advice. All content in the modules is supplementary, and in no case does it replace clinical and professional help. **
If you are in need of immediate help, please dial 911, reach out to your Primary Care Provider, or connect with the Crisis Text Line at 741741 or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-8255
This website is COPPA, FERPA, and MA records compliant.